Since its founding as a Washington State non-profit civic organization in 1908, the Spokane County Bar Association (SCBA) has continuously served its attorney members. Today nearly 900 local attorneys voluntarily join the collegial SCBA. Member attorneys have unique opportunities for professional growth, connections and support, social events, continuing legal education, pro bono opportunities, leadership development and member benefits.
The SCBA is centered in Spokane, Washington. Spokane is resource rich with four distinct seasons and accompanying outdoor activities, a continuing core district expansion with a multi-university district, Fairchild Air Force Base and as the central Pacific Northwest medical hub.
It is the mission of the Spokane County Bar Association to enhance the integrity and competence of the legal community and to pursue greater access to justice for all county residents.
Web site advertising is here or sponsorship as we like to call it! The cost for up to one calendar month is $250 and the size of the ad is 700 × 500 pixels. Your sponsorship image will be link to your company web site. See samples below for examples.
If you have an interest in advertising on our web site, contact Mark Wardrop at MWardrop@SpokaneBar.org.
The Spokane County Bar Association, SCBA, and Volunteer Lawyers Program, VLP, are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. This position is perfect for someone who wants to help grow these nonprofit, mission-driven organizations that work to serve our communities.
The Administrative Assistant provides customer service and administrative duties in support of the public, membership, and staff. This position works collaboratively with both the SCBA and Volunteer Lawyers Program to ensure the office functions smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides exemplary customer service to all clients, attorneys, judges and partners
- Assists attorneys with document requests, printing or other administrative duties as needed
- Research and deliver legal document requests
- Assists general public with form sales and resource information regarding volunteer lawyers programs (VLP). Control inventory and manage point-of-sale form sales.
- Keeps the office running smoothly by ensuring supplies are stocked, in order, and the office is clean (including common staff areas)
- Legal Server data entry and extract as needed
- Prepares and sends out professional correspondence
- Performs general clerical duties
- Prepare monthly invoices
- Process security badges
- Remains flexible to handle priorities as they arise
- Assist with social and fundraising events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 2 years’ experience working in professional office environment required
- Prior experience within a non-profit organization or legal office preferred
- Ability to speak other languages a plus
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and other standard office equipment
The ideal candidate should be a quick learner, able to find solutions when problems arise, seeks opportunities to support members and staff, wants to grow and learn professionally, and helps to create a collegial work environment.
SCBA VLP is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
If you meet the qualifications, please submit a letter of interest addressing how your expertise will be of benefit to the organization & your salary requirements, resume, and writing sample to ExecDir@SpokaneBar.org with the subject line Administrative Assistant Application. The SCBA VLP will be accepting applications until July 25, 2019.