Since its founding as a Washington State non-profit civic organization in 1908, the Spokane County Bar Association (SCBA) has continuously served its attorney members. Today nearly 900 local attorneys voluntarily join the collegial SCBA. Member attorneys have unique opportunities for professional growth, connections and support, social events, continuing legal education, pro bono opportunities, leadership development and member benefits.
The SCBA is centered in Spokane, Washington. Spokane is resource rich with four distinct seasons and accompanying outdoor activities, a continuing core district expansion with a multi-university district, Fairchild Air Force Base and as the central Pacific Northwest medical hub.
It is the mission of the Spokane County Bar Association to enhance the integrity and competence of the legal community and to pursue greater access to justice for all county residents.
Yes! This is where we will be having our Annual Holiday Party & VLP Silent Auction this year on December 13, 2018.
- NEW: YOU MAY renew your membership online!
- NEW: CREDIT CARDS NOW ACCEPTED!
- NEW: REQUEST A 20% DISCOUNT AT DAVENPORT TOWER and DAVENPORT GRAND HOTEL!
- NEW: Updated SCBA Online Lawyer Referral Service (with opportunity to select more referral categories);
- NEW: SCBA member database with online member portal;
- NEW: spokanebar.org has a new look, lots of new functionality and marketing opportunities for you or your firm!
- BUILD UPON RENOWNED COLLEGIALITY AND COMMUNITY with about 900 of your colleagues;
- DOCUMENT SERVER email Spokane filed document requests filled by SCBA staff;
- DECEMBER’s HOLIDAY SOIREE AND VLP AUCTION! Celebrate with us on December 7th, (admission for yourself and one guest is complementary with membership dues payment);
- CLEs: Member CLE pricing, CLE Passport availability, and SCBA CLEs available on DVD;
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Board of Trustees/Directors, SCBA Sections and Young Lawyer Division, and SCBA and VLP committees;
- AFFINITY SECTIONS AND DIVISION: Join Young Lawyers Division, ADR Section, Diversity Section, Family Law Section, Indian Law Section, Intellectual Property, LGBTA Sectionand Solo & Small Practice Section;
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY: Members only searchable online SCBA pictorial lawyer directory;
- SCBA OFFICE, A RESPITE AT THE COURTHOUSE: enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, free cup of coffee, snacks, Friday doughnuts, great staff and use of SCBA’s Wi-Fi;
- HIGH SPEED COPIER/SCANNER, phones and fax machine available in SCBA office;
- MEAL DISCOUNTS: SCBA luncheons, social events, CLEs, and professional events;
- CALENDAR CALL: Receive our member newsletter via email, advertise at discounted ad rates and free On the Move notices;
- BROADCAST EMAIL: Members receive broadcast e-mail notices of important events via our online member portal; and
- VOTING: General Members have voting privileges.
Collegial and It Shows
By SCBA Executive Director
Over the course of several months, many of you have assisted us with an assessment of our organizations. While the assessment is in its final stages, a clear theme has emerged to describe the Association and the work conducted through the Volunteer Lawyers Program; the theme is Collegial. According to the Cambridge Dictionary there are two meanings for Collegial:
- relating to a friendly relationship between colleagues;
- used to describe a method of working in which responsibility is shared between several people.
Both of these definitions clearly fit in describing members, volunteers, and staff.
This past month this theme has been strongly demonstrated in all Association activities and the work of the VLP. Here are some
- Over 170 individuals supported the VLP Champions of Justice Breakfast with enthusiasm and donations.
- VLP award winners were supported and praised by their colleagues for their outstanding commitment to providing pro bono services.
• Association members volunteered to conduct and support two CLE’s.
- Members were highly responsive to the elections for Board Trustees.
- Members are actively recruiting new members to the SCBA.
- VLP core volunteers consistently support staff requests for their time.
- Lastly, the staff has done a tremendous job juggling abundant deliverables with a collegial attitude.
So here’s to you in making the SCBA and VLP collegial with your steadfast commitment to professionalism, shared missions, and volunteerism.