The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- December 5, 2013 - Estate Planning CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law, 721 North Cincinnati Street
- December 12, 2013 - SCBA Holiday Party & VLP Silent Auction - The Spokane Club, 1002 West Riverside Avenue, Georgian Room
- December 13 , 2013 - Ethics Potpourri CLE, Gonzaga University School of Law, 721 North Cincinnati Street
- December 20, 2013 - Year-end Potpourri CLE, County Commissioner's Assembly Room, 1026 West Broadway, Lower Level
- January 10, 2014- January Bar Luncheon with Guest Speaker Justice Debra Stephens, The Spokane Club, 1002 West Riverside Avenue, Georgian Room