The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- February 5, 2016 - Diversity Luncheon - Click here to Register
- February 15, 2016 - President's Day - SCBA Office Closed
- February 26, 2016 - Criminal Law CLE - More info coming soon
- March 4, 2016 - March Bar Luncheon - Click here to Register
- March 4, 2016 - 7th Annual Indial Law Conference - More info coming soon
- March 30, 2016 - Professionalism Dinner (Nominations being accepted) - More info coming soon