- WSBA PowerPoint Presentation - "The Future is Now"
- Spokane County Superior Court Proposed Local Rule Published For Comment
- SCBA Young Lawyers Division Receives WSBA Young Lawyers Division Outstanding Affiliate Organization Award
- Robin Lynn Haynes Receives 2012 Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- May 15, 2013 - New Lawyer Swearing In Ceremony - Spokane County Courthouse, Courtroom 301
- May 30, 2013 - Bad Faith CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law, 721 North Cincinnati Street, Barbieri Courtroom
- May 31, 2013 - Annual Meeting and VLP Awards Ceremony - Spokane County Courthouse, Courtroom 301
- June 12, 2013 - Family Law CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law, 721 North Cincinnati Street
- July 12, 2013 - Annual SCBA Golf Tournament - Qualchan Golf Course