City of Spokane Assistant City Attorney Ill. SALARY: $95,546.88 – $134,237.52 Annually LOCATION: City of Spokane, WA CLOSING DATE: 11/30/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
DEPARTMENT PURPOSE: The City Attorney’s Office advises and represents all city elected and appointed officials, departments, employees, boards, committees, task forces, and commissions on all civil legal matters pertaining to the City of Spokane. The Office represents the city government in its day-to-day operations.
• Conduct independent legal research, render oral and written opinions on major substantive, procedural, and administrative issues to major City departments, boards, and commissions.
• Draft ordinances, regulations, major contracts, proposals for state legislation and other legal documents.
• Prepare and conduct major litigation before federal, state, and local courts, and administrative agencies and other adjudicative bodies.
• Negotiate and recommend settlement of claims filed against the City.
• Analyze changes in state and federal laws and court decisions and provide legal guidance to City departments as to method of compliance with new requirements.
• Provide legal assistance and guidance to other attorneys within specific area of expertise.
• Conduct negotiations on behalf of City administrative staff, City boards and commissions.
• Five (5) years’ experience in practice of law required, with three (3) years’ experience in municipal law recommended.
• Admitted to practice before United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington is preferred but application can be made if the candidate is successful.
Established local Spokane Law Office is accepting applications for a full-time position as an In-Office Administrative Paralegal/Legal Assistant. The right candidate must be dependable, highly motivated, possess strong leadership skills, enjoy working with people, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding multi-tasking capabilities and time management skills, strong PC skills, familiarity with legal work and a positive attitude. This position requires excellent attention to detail. The main aspects of this job include communicating and collaborating with various courts and process servers in multiple counties in WA and ID, preparing documents and exhibit binders for weekly hearings, administrative support for multiple attorneys, scheduling hearings, meetings and trainings, coordinating witnesses for hearings. Familiarity with WA and ID court rules will be helpful. Administrative tasks, including, but not limited to: Populating information into established document templates, drafting pleadings and correspondence, communicating (email and telephone) with clients, witnesses, and adversaries; Notarizing documents for clients, prepare outgoing mail utilizing all forms of postage, i.e., USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc;
- Integrity, honesty and passion;
- Adherence to and support of quality management system policies and procedures;
- Strong professional communication and grammar skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and Word-Perfect skills;
- Registered Notary;
- Strong technological skills;
- Able to set personal priorities and multi-task to meet time sensitive deadlines;
- Type at 40+ wpm;
- Work in a team environment and alone;
- Stay focused and work well under pressure.
- AA; AS; BA; or BS;
- Paralegal Certificate; or similar trade school certification;
This is a full-time, in-person, permanent position. A two-year minimum commitment is expected; Compensation starts at: $18.00-$24.00/hr DOE; 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday, No Remote Work. Performance bonuses, 401(k), health insurance reimbursement, paid court holidays, and annual raises; References and background check required; Job Type: Full time Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour.
FAMILY LAW ASSOCIATE NEEDED Salary: Starting at $90,000/yr, Salary negotiable depending on experience. Job Description: Opportunities abound! North Country Law, PLLC in Colville, Washington is seeking an associate attorney to practice family law in our busy practice in beautiful North East Washington. We offer a competitive salary, training and mentorship, and both writing and in-court experience. We are open to a hybridremote arrangement to accommodate Spokane-based candidates. 2023 law graduates are welcome to apply! Please submit your cover letter and resume to Tasha Emery at email@example.com.
Prominent and growing personal injury firm considering acquisitions in Spokane County and the surrounding areas. If you are looking to retire or transition out of your practice, contact Janelle Carney Boston at (509) 584-4005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Witherspoon Brajcich McPhee, PLLC (“WBM”) is seeking to hire two paralegals with 5+ years of experience to work in the areas of employment law, commercial litigation, health care law, medical malpractice, and general litigation. We have offices in Spokane and Coeur d’Alene. We are seeking people who are highly motivated. Compensation will be dependent upon experience and qualifications. The compensation package, which includes contribution to 401(k), medical and dental insurance, and professional dues, can total between $60,000 and $100,000. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to JMcPhee@workwith.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Witherspoon Brajcich McPhee, PLLC (“WBM”) is seeking to hire 2-3 associate attorneys to work in the areas of employment law, commercial litigation, health care law, medical malpractice, and general litigation. We have offices in Spokane and Coeur d’Alene, but we also offer flexible options for our attorneys, such as remote work. We are seeking people who are highly motivated and have shown an ability to excel academically and professionally. Compensation will be dependent upon experience and qualifications. The compensation package, which includes contribution to 401(k), medical and dental insurance, and professional dues, can total between $100,000 and $200,000. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to JMcPhee@workwith.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.