Click here for Attorney Membership Application & Renewal in PDF format.
It’s membership renewal time for SCBA’s 2017-18 fiscal year! This past year we have made significant groundbreaking changes in order to make it easier for you to renew your membership online, pay by credit card, register for events and so much more! Here are some of the new benefits your SCBA membership provides:
- NEW: CREDIT CARDS NOW ACCEPTED for online membership and event registrations, as well as SCBA products and CLE purchases;
- NEW: 20% DISCOUNT AT DAVENPORT TOWER and DAVENPORT GRAND HOTEL* (date restrictions may apply);
- NEW: Ability to participate in updated SCBA Online Lawyer Referral Service (with opportunity to select more referral categories);
- NEW: Pay securely with your credit card through SCBA online member portal (access instructions emailed to you on August 14, 2017); and
- NEW: spokanebar.org provides entirely new, online advertising and practitioner promotional opportunities!**
Your ongoing SCBA member benefits include:
- COLLEGIALITY AND COMMUNITY: Join us and develop community and promote collegiality in our legal profession through social, educational, and pro bono events;
- DOCUMENT SERVER: No time to obtain copies from the Clerk? Our SCBA Document Server license allows you to request Superior and District Court documents be emailed to you by SCBA staff;
- HIGH SPEED COPIER: Use of our virtually new, fast Ricoh 6054 copier/printer/scanner/fax, as well as our traditional fax machine, typewriter and phones;
- CLEs: Member CLE pricing, CLE Passport availability, and SCBA CLEs available on DVD;
- SECTIONS AND DIVISION: Being a member promotes camaraderie, and fellowship in the legal profession. SCBA members are invited to participate in “sections” of the Bar. Sections are focus groups that meet monthly to discuss issues relative to the specific area of law or legal profession. Currently, the Spokane County Bar Association has a Young Lawyers Division, ADR Section, Diversity Section, Family Law Section, Indian Law Section, Intellectual Property Section, LGBTA Law Section and Solo & Small Practice Section;
- MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY: – A members only searchable online SCBA pictorial lawyer directory for members, which lists their contact information.
- RESPITE AT THE COURTHOUSE: In the SCBA office, enjoy a free cup of coffee, snacks, Friday doughnuts, great staff and use of SCBA Wi-Fi;
- MEAL DISCOUNTS: Discounted member pricing for SCBA luncheons, social, CLEs, and professional events;
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT such as Board service, and options to serve on SCBA and VLP committees, in SCBA Sections and Young Lawyer Division;
- CALENDAR CALL: Electronic receipt of our member newsletter, discounted Calendar Call ad rates and free On the Move notices;
- BROADCAST EMAIL: Members receive broadcast e-mail notices of important events via our online member portal;
- VOTING: Member voting privileges; and, of course,
- HOLIDAY SOIREE AND VLP AUCTION: Complimentary attendance for you and your guest to celebrate with us on December 7th at our annual SCBA Holiday Party and Volunteer Lawyers Program Auction!
* To make a reservation at either the Davenport Grand Hotel or Davenport Tower Hotel, use our online corporate code: BBO. Just enter this code (BBO) in the ‘corporate/promotional’ code box on the Davenport’s reservations website to access your corporate rate. Or click on Book your corporate rate for Spokane Country Bar Association to make online reservations at SCBA member rates.
** Contact Mark Wardrop at email@example.com to learn more about Calendar Call, website and other online advertising opportunities.
*** Email Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) the case number and the document #s you want from the Washington Courts website: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.namesearch&terms=accept&flashform=0.
We will continue to strive to find and implement benefits of value to you, our members. For those of you who wish to complete a paper renewal, feel free to print the attached and return to our office by November 10th. We are here to serve you, our colleagues and our community. For today, on behalf of the SCBA, thank you for continuing your membership in the SCBA. For more information, contact (509) 477-6032.