- The SCBA Bar Poll and Judicial Evaluation Panel results are out. See below:
- Interested in the Spokane County District Court judicial position? Click this link to download the Board of County Commissioners Uniform Evaluation Questionnaire. To review the questionnaires as completed by the candidates, click on the names listed below:
- Membership Renewal has begun! It’s that time of year again, the time for renewal of your annual membership in the SCBA. By now, you should have received your annual renewal paperwork, Lawyer Referral Service form and Annual CLE Passport form. If you would like renewal paperwork sent to you, please e-mail Shannon Smith at Shannon@spokanebar.org.
- The Spokane County Superior Court is now accepting applications from those attorneys who wish to serve as Superior Court Commissioners Pro Tem. Letter applications should be sent to Ashley Callan, Superior Court Administrator, and must be received by her no later than the close of business on September 16, 2016. For more information, please contact the Spokane County Superior Court Administrator's Office. Click here for the full article.
The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
For the last few weeks, we've been posting reminders in Calendar Call of one of our biggest and most attended events of the year, the Annual Holiday Party and VLP Benefit Raffle & Silent Auction . Scroll down to see yet one more reminder of this momentous event. As usual, payment of your 2016-2017 SCBA dues is your ticket to attend. You may also bring one guest to the party free of charge, which is another benefit of your SCBA Membership. Additional guests and non-members are $30 per person.
Spokane County Bar Association
Annual Holiday Party
Volunteer Lawyers Program
Benefit Raffle & Silent Auction
December 8, 2016
The Spokane Club
Check out the auction here
This beauty will be up for auction too!
The PlusOne Platinum Drone
Minimum bid $500
Crafted by xCraft in Couer D'Alene- this is the link to their website. http://xcraft.io/
The Spokane County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program would like to thank the following major sponsors of the
Volunteer Lawyers Program's
4th Annual Justice Breakfast
2016 Breakfast of Champions
Olympian Sponsor $2500
Platinum Sponsors $1500
- November 4, 2016 - Bar Luncheon featuring GU Basketball Players (past and current) 12:00 p.m.
- November 10, 2016 - Intro to Real Estate Transactions CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- November 10, 2016 - SYLD Mentoring Night - Nodland Cellars - 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- November 17, 2016 - SYLD New Admittee CLE - Various courtrooms - 8:00 a.m.
- December 1, 2016 - Best Practices Potpourri - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- December 8, 2016 - SCBA Annual Holiday Party and VLP Auction - Spokane Club - 4:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m.
- December 16, 2016 - Ethics & Social Media CLE - Spokane County Commissioner's Hearing Room - 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- December 22, 2016 - Year-end Potpourri CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:50 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.