- The SCBA Bar Poll and Judicial Evaluation Panel results are out. See below:
- Interested in the Spokane County District Court judicial position? Click this link to download the Board of County Commissioners Uniform Evaluation Questionnaire. To review the questionnaires as completed by the candidates, click on the names listed below:
- Membership Renewal has begun! It’s that time of year again, the time for renewal of your annual membership in the SCBA. By now, you should have received your annual renewal paperwork, Lawyer Referral Service form and Annual CLE Passport form. If you would like renewal paperwork sent to you, please e-mail Shannon Smith at Shannon@spokanebar.org.
- The Spokane County Superior Court is now accepting applications from those attorneys who wish to serve as Superior Court Commissioners Pro Tem. Letter applications should be sent to Ashley Callan, Superior Court Administrator, and must be received by her no later than the close of business on September 16, 2016. For more information, please contact the Spokane County Superior Court Administrator's Office. Click here for the full article.
The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- September 15, 2016 - Swearing-in Ceremony - 4:30 p.m. at Barbieri Courtroom, Gonzaga University School of Law, 721 North Cincinnati Street. A reception will be held following the ceremony.
- September 16, 2016 - Fall Social - 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Spokane Club.
- September 19, 2016 - SCBA Diversity Section Meeting, Judge Sypolt's at 12:00 p.m
- September 23, 2016 - VLP's Championship of Justice 4th Annual Breakfast, GU's Hemmingson Center, Grand Ballroom, 7:00 a.m
- September 27, 2016 - Red Mass at University Chapel, College Hall, Gonzaga University, and 5:30 p.m Mass 6:30 p.m. Reception at Cataldo Hall.
- September 28, 2016 - Washington State Supreme Court Candidates Forum, GULS Barbieri Courtroom, after 5:00 p.m
- October 7, 2016 - Bar Luncheon Superior Court Candidates Forum (tentative), 12:00 p.m
- October 27 & 28, 2016 - Title 11.88 GAL Training, all day.
- November 4, 2016 - Bar Luncheon featuring GU Basketball Players (past and current) 12:00 p.m
- December 8, 2016 - SCBA Annual Holiday Party and VLP Auction, Spokane Club, 4:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m