- January Bar Luncheon - Friday, January 6, 2017 - 12:00 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. - Spokane Club, 1002 West Riverside Avenue
The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- November 4, 2016 - Bar Luncheon featuring GU Basketball Players (past and current) 12:00 p.m.
- November 10, 2016 - Intro to Real Estate Transactions CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- November 10, 2016 - SYLD Mentoring Night - Nodland Cellars - 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- November 17, 2016 - SYLD New Admittee CLE - Various courtrooms - 8:00 a.m.
- December 1, 2016 - Best Practices Potpourri - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- December 8, 2016 - SCBA Annual Holiday Party and VLP Auction - Spokane Club - 4:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m.
- December 16, 2016 - Ethics & Social Media CLE - Spokane County Commissioner's Hearing Room - 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- December 22, 2016 - Year-end Potpourri CLE - Gonzaga University School of Law - 8:50 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.